Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Call Your Mother!!! Mother's day is fast approaching May 8th

April Showers don't bring May Flowers like it used to.  Instead, it conjures up the image of Janet Leigh in the shower from Psycho!  What am I going to get my Mother for Mother's Day?
 
Ha!  Suckers, lucky for me my Mom is dead!  Just kidding.  I know, bad joke, not really lucky for me.  However, there is an upside to having a dead Mom.  I've got a super sweet Step Mom who calls me daughter and I call her Mom.  See, so not such a bad joke.  Real Mom-singing with the angels, no longer in pain, totally healed.  Step Mom-Considers me one of her real daughters.  I get her wisdom and she get's someone to help hose down my Dad when he gets too old to help himself to the toilet.  It's a win-win for everyone!  How many people can say they have 2 mommies?  And my Step Mom isn't even a lesbian so suck it Heather!  Read about Heather and her 2 mommies here.

So what do you get for the woman who raised you?  Flowers, a hankie, a card?  How many Mommies have settled for a card and a hug from their child.  Especially their male child.  Matt, not talking to you.  (I want to sleep in my own bed tonight)  So the Wrestling Crafty brains of Matt and Vicki start creaking and groaning and we think, "Hey!  What about something practical?" 

Does your Mom smile sweetly and say, "I don't need anything, just you dear." Aaaarrrrggg!  That drives me crazy.  She's one of those women that think you should just know her.  One more guilt trip for the road.  Thanks Mom.  How about, "Am I going to see you on Mother's Day?  I am your only Mother."  She sighs and looks away.  Now this might have swayed Blanche if Stanley had stood at the base of the stairs and yelled her name, but Stella was stoic and no dice.  I know I would race down those stairs into those big strong Marlon Brando arms.  Just kidding Matt.  You're the only one for me.  I'm going to need you to put on a white undershirt tonight and rip it off for me.  Ha!

Here are some practical gifts to sew for your Mum.  Gifts she can use and might actually be proud to show her friends:
Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous shares her tutorial to make a cute little Key Ring Wristlet.

Melissa from The PolkaDot Chair suggests a stretchy hair band to keep Mom's hair out of her face while exercising

2 good suggestions.  What have you got?

No comments:

Post a Comment